Wednesday, June 8, 2011

34 Weeks- All About Us (Mostly...)

The focus in our house has been our pregnancy and getting ready for the baby for the last few months.  I think this is perfectly natural for two first time parents.  That said, within a month or so it will no longer be just the two of us making up the Oregon branch of the DeCook family and our entire focus will shift to learning how to take care of our little baby boy.  Last week, we took our focus off of getting ready for the baby and focused on being Todd and Heather for a few days.

We had our fabulous wedding photographer, Kristen Honeycutt, come down from Seattle and shoot our "baby bump" photo session last Thursday. (She will also do Emmett's baby photos!) She is so easy to work with and made me feel comfortable in front of the camera for the first time in a LONG time.  The photo session was so much fun, despite it raining on us!  Here are a few of the teasers we have received from her so far:




On Sunday it was our one year wedding anniversary.  It seems so unreal that a year ago at this time Todd and I were on our honeymoon.  In some ways it feels like we just got married yesterday and in other ways seems like a lifetime ago!  Either way, it feels like this is exactly how things were meant to be.  Although, I don't think either of us envisioned spending our one year anniversary with me being 8.5 months pregnant we still took the weekend to spend focusing on each other and not doing anything baby related.  Overall we just relaxed and enjoyed spending time together just the two of us- we went for a nice long drive to  Hood River, stopping at Bonneville Dam and Multnomah Falls.  Then Sunday night, we had dinner at Paley's Place, one of the nicer restaurants in Portland.  Here are a few photos of what will probably be our last non-baby focused weekend for a LONG time:






I want to thank Todd for being the world's most wonderful husband.  A year ago, I knew I was marrying one of the most special people I had ever met and my best friend, but this experience has brought out so many other remarkable qualities in him that I am constantly amazed by him.  He has been the most supportive, nurturing and strong husband that I could ask for and I am grateful every day that I married him!  He goes out of his way to always make me feel special and let me know how important Emmett and I are to him.  

As for Emmett, he is still stretching and kicking like a growing 34 week old baby in utero.  He is getting increasingly heavy and is definitely trying to make more room, when I really don't think there is any to be had.  These are all good things, though.  Here we are at 34 weeks:



No comments:

Post a Comment