Thursday, March 31, 2011

24 Weeks- LIVE from New York!

Well we survived our first flight with baby boy DeCook!  It was a long one, and was filled with a local choir group consisting of AT LEAST 75 16 year olds (most of which had never flown before and were extremely excited and vocal about the experience), compression socks to ensure that my legs and feet didn't swell too badly and me watching Todd sleep while the baby kicked me to say, "What is going on out there?"  We are now in New York and beginning phase 1 of the babymoon!

New York is a special city for Todd and I- it's where we met 3.5 years ago. Todd is working during the week while we are here, and I am just going to relax and waddle around the city while he is in the office. Over the weekend, we are going to go to a couple of our favorite museums and revisit some spots from when we first met.  Then Tuesday, we are off to phase 2 of the babymoon- the Dominican Republic!  We are both ready for some sun and relaxation!

Supposedly, baby boy DeCook is 15 inches long and 1.5 lbs this week.  I can feel him stretching out to the full extent of my abdomen, both horizontally and vertically, so...I'd say he is definitely growing!

Here we are at 24 weeks, in our hotel room in Soho:

No comments:

Post a Comment