Wednesday, May 11, 2011

30 Weeks- We Shall Call Him...Mr. Chubby Cheeks!

We had a wonderful, productive week last week!  On Friday, we had what will probably be our final ultrasound before he is born.  Beyond the ultrasound, which was the highlight of the week, we also  bought a stroller and a rug for his nursery.   We got REALLY lucky when we had our ultrasound and our technician had just been trained to use the 3d ultrasound wand and wanted practice on a later term baby, so she asked if we could stick around for an extra half hour while she practiced using it in exchange for some actual 3d images of our little guy!  After seeing his sweet little face, and his chubby little cheeks we were totally and completely in love :)  Seeing what he looked like, also made choosing his name easy.  Below are the first pictures of our little boy- Emmett Peter DeCook.

Emmett has chubby cheeks already!

He was opening and closing his little mouth the whole time!

He likes to touch his little face, you can see his little hand on his chin again.



We chose the name Emmett, because it was one of the few that we both liked and after seeing his face it just felt right.  We also wanted to include some sort of family name when naming him, and Peter was Todd's Great-Grandfather's name on his father's side and my Grandfather's name on my father's side.  

Emmett's activity has increased this week.  Not only can I feel him pretty much ALL the time, my belly has started leaping and making these strange wave like motions as he wiggles around inside me.  I think it's like watching TV for Todd...he is just fascinated.  We will find out how big he is next week, after my doctor's appointment when he reads me the ultrasound results.   I know I am growing, so I assume he is too!  Here we both are at 30 weeks:


Todd also wanted me to post this one, mostly because he thinks its funny but also because I think he wants everyone to see that I am truly starting to resemble Buddha.



No comments:

Post a Comment